2.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

We got this as a gift and tried it for a few months before realizing that the need for anything other than our cell phones and skype occasionally was pointless.Tried to cancel initially and they gave me the whole '3 months free for you to sell your device' shtick...

I did it, then did it one more time (don't ask why) and then forgot about it because no one I know really wants this... and even thought my CC number changed, the 4 dollar monthly charges resumed. I then finally realized and called to cancel, and had to go through 25 minutes of the same BS about selling (even though that should be noted on my account) and they even tried to upsell me on Home Security!

For a Silicon Valley tech company, the fact that cancellation can't be done on line and their customer service is so difficult to deal with, I would not recommend this if you don't think your landline is for life!The product itself is great, some minor call quality issues but to be expected, but the minute you don't want it anymore, the *** begins

Review about: Ooma Home Phone.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: fix your customer service procedures, let people cancel and let your product do the talking rather than trying to force people to stay.

I liked: Good if you need a landline.

I didn't like: Customer service, Cancellation policy, Lack of online cancellation, Billing practices, Sales during cancellation.

Had an Experience with Ooma?

Comments