Just discovered that since Ooma uses so many servers that my Epson Workforce 545 fax will never work due to it timing out from all the delays in transmission. We stopped V.34 or 34,000 kbps speed due to it needing to be under 10,000. I mentioned that that was the fax speed over 10 years ago.

Also, technical support recommended that I turn off Error Correction Mode (ECM), but of course that didn't work. I have spoken to multiple support reps, but to no avail.

Also, my monthly fee went from $19.95 to $50 because they stated that I had two lines, one that was supposed to be free, and two channels, the extra channel was also supposed to be free.

D. even recommended that I put mu BrightHouse cable modem directly to Ooma, but I told him that my office security would be in jeopardy. Of course, that was no concern of his. In final desperation to not loose the account, he stated that he would send me about 10 port numbers that I could program into my router that just might help. I told him that I am not a programmer or IT person, and that 3 months lost is enough.

P. J, the final rep, also, was not able to cancel my account automatically after it was ported, I would have to call back, of course hoping they could charge a few more months.

If you call them you have to wait at least 8 minutes before a human boards, and then another 8-10 minutes before you get to the appropriate help. That is at least 15 minutes of your workday gone!

Overall, a bad service with deception and increases in price and NO FAX! Not recommend. Buyer beware!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ooma Fax Service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 17, 2016.

Comments