I paid $180 for a Ooma machine so I could get the advertised "free telephone service including free long distance for life".Recently I got a notice from Ooma that they could no longer give me service because I had changed my bank account number and they could no longer withdraw $14 a month from my account.
The trouble is I never ever gave them permission to draw anything at all out of my bank account. I called them and the first person I talked to (in a foreign nation) was very rude and told me if I did not give her a credit card number or a new bank account number they would cut my telephone service off. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor admitted that I was supposed to get free service for life and it was all a "mistake" and she would fix it. She did not.
Now I have a very infuriating recording on my phone every time i try to make a phone call on my ooma phone. I have to spend time listening to the *** recording everytime I want to make a call. On the recording they are demanding I call them and give them a credit card number or a bank account number. They are total crooks that advertised falsely.
Unless you want money taken from your bank account or your credit card without giving them permission to do so, then find another telephone company to do business with.
I am out hundreds of dollars because they took money each month out of my account without my permission plus they now want to charge me taxes and fees on what was originally supposed to be a totally free service for life.Crooks!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Taking money from my bank account without permission
- Trying to force me to pay for something advertised as free
- Harrassing me with phone recording
- Reason of review:
- False Advertising and Fraud
- Preferred solution:
- Give me my free service as advertised no charges at all and refund the money you took out of my bank account without my permission
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ooma Phone Service
- Ooma Phone Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "Hello, I wanted to write a quick report on Ryan Maynard and his terrible copied program Online Profits For Newbies which used to be called Online profits For Dummies and he..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "I purchased a 9 in tablet in june of 2016. When received it would not connect bluetooth whith mine or my wifes phones. Was sent another and it worked flawlessly..."
- "I purchased a nuwave oven pro and my dome cracked in several places on it and a piece fell off the dome from where one one the places it..."
- "Dead... root rot.. infested .. Owner is a lair,, He was asked about his plants he said that his customers that complain have no clue about orchids ... Geez what..."
- "Sent flowers for my life long friend's fathers funeral and I was totally embarrassed by what was sent. The flowers received looked like something I would send to my Mom..."